Giants
We're all in this car; me, James, Josh, and David. We're all in this car with Vanessa and Sam. It's like a party. The car isn't like any other car, everyone's laying down in it and it's three feet tall, half a foot off the ground, and we have sleeping bags around us. We carry things we want and need in plastic bags that are kept hidden beside us.
We get out in this field, and there are trees lined up for miles at one end. Chad gets out of the car, and I don't know where he came from, but it makes sense that he should be here. He pulls out a football and throws it to Josh, and then to James, and then to me. I run with it, down the field, and when I'm five yards from the trees, I toss it lightly in to the air, and kick at it.
I miss by three feet. The ball falls softly to the ground and I look at it, angry. James is behind me and he tells me to run again. So I do. But this time, James is running behind me, and he's doubled in size. I'm distracted and the same thing happens.
Chad takes the ball and kicks it out into the field. I hate myself because I can't do that.
Then James takes the ball and tells me to run behind him. He's back to his normal size, and when he's a few yards from the trees, he veers off to the side and tosses the ball up, and I try to kick it. Again I miss by three feet.
Chad takes the ball and kicks it out into the field. I hate myself because I can't do that.
I'm hanging my head and while I'm looking down I see Chad's glasses on the ground, so I kick them towards him, only it hits this cement wall of a building that he's inside now. He picks them up and calls me an asshole. They're broken. I'm fairly sure they aren't shattered, but I can't tell from a distance.
I'm walking back to James, near the trees, and I step on a piece of glass. It hurts like hell, so I fall down and grab my foot by the heel and the ankle. I repeat the word "fuck" over and over and eventually, when I find the source of the pain, I hit it at an angle with the side of my hand and the bloody glass falls out. I look at it and say "fuck" again. We get into the car, and I try to bring my game-boy, and my walkman, and my books, but I can't fit them in because Vanessa stole my spot. So I lie down on top of her, and she's angry.
We get back to Ryan's house, and he's waiting for us, with a movie. I start turning off all the lights, to every room in the house, and the last one I turn off, in the entrance of the house causes Ryan's mom to say; "Turn the light back on please!"
I do and she thanks me. James is a giant in the living room again.
We get out in this field, and there are trees lined up for miles at one end. Chad gets out of the car, and I don't know where he came from, but it makes sense that he should be here. He pulls out a football and throws it to Josh, and then to James, and then to me. I run with it, down the field, and when I'm five yards from the trees, I toss it lightly in to the air, and kick at it.
I miss by three feet. The ball falls softly to the ground and I look at it, angry. James is behind me and he tells me to run again. So I do. But this time, James is running behind me, and he's doubled in size. I'm distracted and the same thing happens.
Chad takes the ball and kicks it out into the field. I hate myself because I can't do that.
Then James takes the ball and tells me to run behind him. He's back to his normal size, and when he's a few yards from the trees, he veers off to the side and tosses the ball up, and I try to kick it. Again I miss by three feet.
Chad takes the ball and kicks it out into the field. I hate myself because I can't do that.
I'm hanging my head and while I'm looking down I see Chad's glasses on the ground, so I kick them towards him, only it hits this cement wall of a building that he's inside now. He picks them up and calls me an asshole. They're broken. I'm fairly sure they aren't shattered, but I can't tell from a distance.
I'm walking back to James, near the trees, and I step on a piece of glass. It hurts like hell, so I fall down and grab my foot by the heel and the ankle. I repeat the word "fuck" over and over and eventually, when I find the source of the pain, I hit it at an angle with the side of my hand and the bloody glass falls out. I look at it and say "fuck" again. We get into the car, and I try to bring my game-boy, and my walkman, and my books, but I can't fit them in because Vanessa stole my spot. So I lie down on top of her, and she's angry.
We get back to Ryan's house, and he's waiting for us, with a movie. I start turning off all the lights, to every room in the house, and the last one I turn off, in the entrance of the house causes Ryan's mom to say; "Turn the light back on please!"
I do and she thanks me. James is a giant in the living room again.

1 Comments:
That's just about as disjointed as my Saw dream, which was awesome. I really enjoyed it.
Post a Comment
<< Home